The Village of Mettawa, just west of Lake Forest, contains incredible amounts of green space and only 550 residents.
Deerpath Farm is at the heart of Lake County’s gem: the village of Mettawa. Within Mettawa you’ll find six Forest Preserves, miles of trails, horse stables and beautiful natural views. With under 600 residents and five-acre residential zoning, Mettawa was founded in 1960 to preserve a rare rural way of life.
Mettawa residents enjoy many advantages, including:
- Eligibility for Village tax rebate
- Equestrian- and animal-friendly community
- Rural countryside environment
- Six Forest Preserves within Village boundaries
- Nine Illinois Nature Preserves within Village boundaries
- Mettawa trail system, which connects with the Des Plaines River Trail
- Mettawa safety patrol
To learn more about this unique community, visit the Village of Mettawa website.